`

Monday, December 8, 2008

{ 7 } Flatlining

Getting inspired in bursts is starting to piss me off. One day I'll write or research like a mad women only to have it followed by days and days of nothing. It makes me crazy. Even writing this blog is taxing right now. It has been said that a good writer writes every day to keep their skills honed, much like a track runner. And I try, I really do, but some days I don't want to read let alone write.

I've been trying to compile a list of things that inspire me to work. So far all I can come up with are things that don't inspire me. I now present you with The List of Things That Make My Brain Shut Off:
  • Booze: I've tried the Hemmingway/Bukowski approach and it doesn't work that well for me.
  • Canasta: I will play online for hours on end without a single thought in my brain.
  • MySpace: How many times can I hit refresh to see if I have a new comment? Lame.
  • Life in general: Same day, different crap.
I know there's more. But what inspires me? In this current brain cloud I'm sitting in, I can't think of one thing.

Help?

1 comment:

  1. How about hanging out with Sunny and Matt? We're pretty inspirational.

    ReplyDelete